As many of you know, we will making some awesome changes to the academy over the next few months. The goal of these changes is to make the service and training experience at the academy, of the highest possible standard.
Below are a few important details everyone needs to know about the new timetables.
What are the Essential classes?
The Essential classes are designed to teach students the basics of Mixed Martial Arts training. They have a specially developed curriculum that is designed to develop basic Striking, Jiu Jitsu, and Wrestling skills from scratch. The classes are beginner friendly and will develop your coordination and fitness ready for the Elite classes. The Essential Programme replaces the current Foundation Programme.
What are the Elite Classes?
The Elite programme is where we start to develop high level martial arts skills. The classes are only for serious martial artist, and work specific area’s of Martial Arts training such as Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Wrestling, and Filipino martial arts. Some of the benefits of the Elite Programme are:
• Train more – On the Essential Programme you can only train twice a week, on the Elite Programme you can train as many times a week as you like. There are 18 different classes to choose from.
• Longer Classes – The Essential Programme classes are one hour long, the Elite classes are 1hour 15minutes long. That allows instructor more time to work on technique, condition, and sparring.
• Access to Open Mats – Extra time to work on developing your skills
• Can choose from more classes: Kickboxing, Submission Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Filipino Martial Arts
• Discounts – on Equipment, Events and Seminars
• Work towards your Black Belt – As a member of the Elite Programme you can officially get ranked and start working towards your Black Belt
• Opportunity to try out for Fight Team – If you qualify you will receive access to the team training classes, and the opportunity of sponsorship by the Academy
• Instructor Training – As a member of Elite Programme you are eligible to participate in our Instructor Course
What are the Striking classes?
Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, and Mixed Martial Arts striking all have their own benefits and limitations. Our goal has always been to give students a well rounded ability in all of these striking arts. The real difference between all of these striking arts are the rules, and unless you plan on competing the rules should have no baring on your development as a martial artist. We have successfully had students compete in Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Boxing, K-1, Karate, Points Fighting, & MMA all learning the same striking system. These classes can accommodate beginner and advanced students alike.
What are the Jiu Jitsu classes?
We have the same philosophy for Jiu Jitsu classes as we do with Striking. Our programme blends techniques from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Sambo, Catch Wrestling, Freestyle Wrestling, and Mixed Martial Arts to create a complete Jiu Jitsu student.
Here are the new timetables to enlarge the image please click on the image.
- Daytime Classes – From 12.00 – 1.00 Monday & Wednesday will be Jiu Jitsu, and Tuesday & Thursday will be Striking. This is a great opportunity to catch up on missed sessions or get a workout in during your lunch break. These are open to all levels of student.
- Consistent Children’s Class Start times – All the Little Dragons classes start at 4.15pm, all the Junior classes start at 5pm, and all the Cadets classes start at 6.0pm no matter what grade you are.
- Earlier Jiu Jitsu Classes – there are now Jiu Jitsu classes starting at 6.00pm
- Later Striking Classes – there are now Striking classes starting at 7.15pm
- Extra Womens Only Class – now the Ladies have two classes per week.
- Saturday Classes – There are Junior Classes, Striking, and Jiu Jitsu classes all taking place on Saturdays.
- Team Training – Specialist classes are now available for students that want to compete or train like a competitor.
- Junior Elite Class – These will be mixed martial arts classes and will include elements from Jiu Jitsu, Taekwondo, Kickboxing, and Weapons training.
We have tried to keep the majority of the classes starting and finishing at the same time, so hopefully this should not affect peoples current training schedules.
This is the most comprehensive timetable we have ever created. If you require any more or help scheduling your classes please speak to a member of staff or call 01752 262233